e-Passports – the Future of Safe Travel
The e-Passport module registers and issues an advanced machine-readable passport which is highly secured, technologically advanced and tamper-proof. The e-Passport module dramatically improves service to the public, provides a reliable and advanced travel identification solution to governmental authorities and ensures the country’s travel documents are recognized internationally and meet global standards.
THE E-PASSPORT MODULE CONTAINS 3 MAIN SUB-MODULES:
E-PASSPORT ISSUANCE APPLICATION
- Capturing of applicants’ personal details, images (photo, fingerprint and signature)
- Scanning of application form and supporting documents
- Personalization and printing of e-passports
- Quality Assurance (QA)
MANAGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- Allocation of e-passports booklet to applicant
- Tracking of blank, printed and damaged e-passports
- Inventory of e-passports at each process stage
ENQUIRIES AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS
- Balancing and follow-up reports
- Inventory reports
The e-Passport Module also includes a unique computerized technology integrated into sophisticated printers. NIP uses high security measures in its e-passports by embedding different security features at both the pre-printed stage and during the personalization process.
NIP’s e-passports include, amongst others, color photography, fingerprinting, signature, personal data, OCR, UV, hologram and lamination.
NIP offers the option to either embed the personal data of each e-passport into the chip or to print such data on the booklets’ personalization page.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE E-PASSPORT FEATURES
- Conforms to International Standard Passport Design recognized by ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), ISO (International Standards Organization) and the European Community
- Increases security and prevents forgery by offering state of the art security features, which can be chosen according to the personal requirements of each individual customer.
The security features which can be incorporated into the e-Passports can be chosen from the following:
- UV Ghost images
- Ultra Violet Print (can be seen only with special UV Detectors)
- Ultra Violet Fiber and paper
- Unique Lamination to prevent forgery
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition machine-readable technology)
- Watermark on each page
- Intaglio Printing
- Hidden Image
- Different Page Printing
- Dynamically Shifting Ink
- Laser Perforation
- Invisible Personal Information
- Micro Print
- Radio Frequency – Shield
- Fiber In Inlay
- Operating System Security Level CCEAL 5+
- SAC Certificate
- Customized Operating System
- Polycarbonate Personalized Page
- Transparent Page
NIP’S ADVANCED SERVICES:
- Design, development, customization, implementation, integration, management, full maintenance and support of e-Passport System, all as per the Governments’ request.
- Designing e-Passport issuance procedures and workflow.
- Advising regarding the most applicable technologies to fit the customers’ individual needs for the e-Passport booklets without dependency or exclusivity on any specific technology.
- Provision of the e-Passport issuing equipment, machinery, consumables and e-Passport booklets, including their security design, style and features